So with that, I present to you a nice bullet-point list of what makes this game amazing so far:
- Wii U has HD graphics, right? Well, Pikmin and the universe they live in + HD graphics = amazing and stunning beauty in ways Nintendo games have only hoped to showcase over the years. Seeing this game makes me genuinely giddy to see a game like Mario Galaxy 2 in HD. Oh, man!
- The GamePad serves as a great map and communicator tablet while using the Wiimote and Nunchuck combination. The old Wii controllers actually make this game perfectly responsive and is a great reminded of what made motion controls exciting in the first place.
- I thought I would miss Captain Olimar, the star of the first two Pikmin games, but this cast of three space explorers bring a unique and charming personality to the game I thought we be loss with the franchise's former protagonist.
- The new style of Pikmin are refreshing and never feel forced.
- There is a storyline in the game, and it's quite engaging. Didn't think I would be saying that about a Pikmin game.
- The daily timer still makes the game seem rushed in the most perfect way. Not having a specific daily challenge to worry about, allowing you to explore the game at your own pace (within the confines of the daily timer of course) keeps the game feeling like you have some control over your play style.
- Finally, this feels like the fleshed out, complete vision of Mr. MIyamoto when he came up with this crazy concept for a game all those years ago. And I couldn't be happier about it.
There we go. That's all you get. I have more Pikmin 3 to play!